Broadband===internet procol

rossol 18:30 04 Oct 05

just got my lap-top back from nova tech they fixed it but put in xp home with sp2 recovery disc up dated version which when i put my disk in it to recover any thing its ask if i want to put old version on which i am not sure as i did not have sp2 on and might lose it?
the trouble i have now, is i can not get my bt broadband on ,i contacted bt and after a while was told it was my internet procol and i should take it off and re install but not sure how to do this and if i should use my recovery disk
any help would be apprieciated

MAJ 18:34 04 Oct 05

You don't need the recovery disk to install your BT BB connection software (which should include your modem's drivers), rossol. Just put the CD that came with your modem, into your CD drive and it should kick off and install the software, follow the instructions onscreen as to when (in the process) to attach your modem.

rossol 18:46 04 Oct 05

i had put in bt disks in before rang bt help line but could not get connected all the filter are working using it now on my desk top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…