Broadband/Dialup question.

Meshuga 05:01 07 Mar 04

I have signed up for BB with a different provider to my present surftime package provider and am waiting for it to be installed. I would like to keep my present ISP but downgrade to pay as you go on dialup as the BB is on a 3month trial period and I might want to go back to the current isp should there be any problem with the new one. Can I do this and would I need anything different to the BB modem. I would leave the dialup modem in place and the bb modem will be external.Any advice please?. Meshuga.

temp003 05:14 07 Mar 04

Yes, you can. You don't really need to do anything. Just keep the modem, the dial up settings, and current email account settings.

The BB installation will probably make the BB connection the default connection but will not destroy the old dial up connection settings.

Meshuga 05:31 07 Mar 04

Thanks temp003,I would,of course, have to cancel the payment for the current package as pay as U go is free.Regards, Meshuga.

Josie29 07:59 07 Mar 04

When I start up my pc my internet connection box reads "CAPP.EXE" is trying to connect to the net. If I close the box it just keeps coming back on my desk top. I can't find "CAPP EXE" when I search files/folders. Ithink this only started when I bought Norton Internet Security pacage. Can anyone help?

Meshuga 08:18 07 Mar 04

outlawjosie29, you should have put this as a new thread, notin the middle of somebody else`s thread. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…