Broadband...best way to share connection?

AMD 4 ever 21:59 21 Sep 03

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Pipex BB, and thoroughly love it. I am considering utilising two spare machines I have to go online too, I dont want to mess around with hard wiring CAT 5 cables etc...so I was thinking of a wireless netwaork/router. Can an y point me in the right directions for tips and a good guide? Including the best way to setup and what hardware I require. Thanks peeps.

Lozzy 22:23 21 Sep 03

You will need a Access Gateway plus a PCI wireless card for each PC. Then just follow the wizard to set up. Its very easy, but expensive in comparison to using a hub and patch cables..

MjM Hellfire 22:27 21 Sep 03

Considering you are only using a few pc's, I would have went for a LinkSyS 4 port router, around £40 with a few cables, it's so easy to set-up that a blind monkey with one arm could eventually do it.

It's really reliable as well and gives you the option to enforce ZA security, so that would be my choice, above wireless.

If you pc's are far apart, all over the house and upstairs ect, then I suppose wireless might be a tidier option.

AMD 4 ever 22:28 21 Sep 03

Lozzy, please excuse me what is a Access Gateway? OS will be XP Home and pro.

AMD 4 ever 22:30 21 Sep 03

MjM Hellfire...sounds good, but reason I wanted wireless was the hassle free factor...the PC's will be situated in a study,garage and a bedroom...spanning over some distance!

AMD 4 ever 23:36 21 Sep 03

bump

AMD 4 ever 18:43 22 Sep 03

Any more thoughts b4 i close the thread?

AMD 4 ever 19:15 22 Sep 03

ok. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…