msmop 12:16 12 May 03

Hello all

Still having 'glitches' with my Freeserve Broadband connection. Managed to get hold of Tech services and the problem points to the extension cable from the telephone socket to ASDL modem. Was advised to get a new extension cable, an RJ11 type which is specific for the new technology. I do a search on the web and found you can get an RJ11 to RJ11 cable or an RJ45 to RJ11 cable. Anyone know which one is required. Confused I am now.


  graham√ 12:55 12 May 03

RJ11 is the plug that goes into the ADSL 'modem'. It has 4 conductors. An RJ45 is the same shape, but has 8 conductors. If you have a 'filter' in the phone socket, it will have an outlet for a RJ11 plug, so you need a RJ11 to RJ11 lead.

If there is no 'filter', you need a 431A (standard BT plug) to RJ11 lead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now