Broadband\ADSL

professor 20:01 16 May 03

hey ppl

im going to get a broadband\ADSL modem tomorrow sadly i only have around£80-90 as ive just gone an got lots of expensive stuff (1GB PC3200 and Radeon 9800pro) so what id like to know is what are the best ADSL\broadband modems at around £80-90 quid.

nice1, prof

jediknight007 20:09 16 May 03

Check the front of this page: click here

jazzypop 20:21 16 May 03

You could also go to dabs.com and search for Quicklinx: 28NJWS - external USB ADSL modem, £23.50, 160+ in stock

If you have £90 to spend and think that you might want to network at some point, buy a router for £60-80ish

professor 20:22 16 May 03

oops...guess i should of mentioned i wanted tucked away in a PCI slot...sorry jedi

prof

jazzypop 20:32 16 May 03

Dabs have internal PCI ones, too

professor 21:25 16 May 03

modem types isnt my fortee...so what i want to know is what is the best type to go for ADSL,ISDN or broadband obviously i know broadband is best but in case i cant find a good broadband modem which has the better performance(for web browsing and file downloads) ISDN or ADSL

prof

jazzypop 21:33 16 May 03

Broadband is a loose term for an internet connection that is faster than a dial-up modem.

ISDN and ADSL (as well as Cable) are specific types of broadband, although many, including myself,would not class ISDN as broadband.

If you want to use broadband technology, the first step is to sign up with a broadband provider. They will often (but not always) offer to provide you with the modem that you need.

If you are in an area with Cable TV, choose Cable broadband.

If you live close enough to an ADSL-enabled telephone exchange, choose ADSL.

If neither is available, consider ISDN.

Simply buying and fitting a 'broadband modem' will not give you a broadband service.

Visit BT's website to check whether you can have ADSL, or NTL or Blueyonder's sites to see if you can get Cable

Muslimat79 23:05 16 May 03

Why not sign up for AOL at this moment that provides free Broadband Modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…