broadband- your opion

jessie .x..x.x 23:50 09 Aug 03

hello all,

I am fed up with my 56k dial up so i am going to move over to broadband using my bt line ( cable not available in my area).

I have been thinking of going with one of those service providers who supply it for £18.99 per month. 3 month tie in and you have to supply modem and pay for connection.

here is my total cost -

monthly fee 18.99

modem ( pci slot ) 35.00

connection 55.00

2 filters 12.00

does this sound the best way to do it ??

jes

jessie .x..x.x 23:52 09 Aug 03

spelling error - was meant to say ` opinion `

Djohn 00:11 10 Aug 03

click here and click here for info. on providers of broadband. You can compare the cost/service/speed, and user comments in the forums.

I was with AOL dial-up until last weekend, then took up their offer of Broadband. It really is a difference, and although I could stay on-line all day with their dial-up, I needed to check myself so as to keep the phone line free. No worries on that now! If you can afford the cost, then go for it, you will not be disappointed. j.

hugh-265156 00:14 10 Aug 03

seems competitively priced.what isp?

im with ntl myself and rate them pretty highly.24.99 mth free install and free modem 12 mth contract.

regardless of price go for a well known isp.i have heard pipex are good also.

iashem 11:14 10 Aug 03

i am presently using force9, they provide options to pay for modem over 12 months and have lo-call tech support. Prices start at £18.99p/month

SantasLittleHelper 12:39 10 Aug 03

I'm with Pipex, good connection speeds and reliable, they have special offers on modems and connection charges from time to time, always worth checking out thier web site.

Chegs ® 12:48 10 Aug 03

I was with Pipex,got lousy connection speeds and completely ignored by their "support staff" so changed ISP when I moved house.New ISP is Eclipse,brill service and speeds.

kortical Implant 14:44 10 Aug 03
  jospar 19:59 10 Aug 03

I'm with pipex, I got a free modem, two filters and £18.99 a month. Have had no problems, the over all speed was good. The download speed always showed slowish and could be inproved (if I brought So and so)on any speed test done.

But since I came back off holiday last week, this seems to have been resolved. So I'm not sure weather they done this or BT done something to our lines.

But the thought of going back to 56k send shivers down my spin, all that hasel having to remember to turn my mobile on or keep the line free, no thank you and I can't wait until the 2mb service becomes a more realistic price.

Pappyon 16:58 12 Aug 03

When you move to another broadband ISP do you have to pay a new connection charge again please?
I am considering moving from Pipex because of their atrocious customer service!

Jospar

How come you get Pipex for £18.99 per month, and I am paying them £23.44?

Djohn 18:15 12 Aug 03

Make sure you have been with them long enough to satisfy terms of contract, otherwise you still have to pay, also you will need a release number from them to pass on to your new ISP. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…