Broadband wiring question.

Europa 21:34 30 May 06

I do intend to get broadband in the near future.
I have a Netgear DG834. One filter splitter is provided with it. One side is to connect the ADSL lead, but I have 2 phones and the dial up modem to be connected to the phone line.
Can I plug a parallel three way adaptor in the filter splitter to connect the 2 phones and the dial up modem to the phone line? (a bit like what I've got now).
Thank you.

butter fingers 23:04 30 May 06

europa, yes you can do that. As long as there is a filter between any phone or modem they will be fine. You prob wont need the modem lead once you are on broadband?

terryf 23:07 30 May 06

Yes, I have a DG384 and router is in the splitter adsl skt and I have 2 phones and a 'wireless' DECT phone system connected to the other 'phone' skt of the splitter.
Have a look at click here I tried it the disconnection of the ringer wire and so far it works for me BUT dont do it until you are running the phones via the splitter which has the necessary capacitor to allow the phones to ring

Europa 05:55 31 May 06

butter fingers, I will need a backup system in case there is a problem with my broadband connection, yes it can happened, so the dialup modem will allow me to connect with a pay as you go number if that happened.

boots2 10:35 31 May 06

Europa go with butter fingers use non capaicitor splitters it will work fine.
The link shown with terryf refers to incorrect starr wireing, asume yous is correct unless you know otherwise.

Europa 15:37 31 May 06

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…