Broadband wireless network, whats needed & cost?

NICTRY 11:01 16 Jun 03

Hi hope you can help, I would like to share my bnroadband between 3 PCs in the house (all desktop) I currently have a normal USB broadband alcatel modem and would like to know what exactly do I need ie RJ45 things, network cards etc. and also some idea of the cost (I can look this up after when I know what I need though) just an idea would be good to see if it will break the bank!!!!!

Hope you can give some advise and confirm whether this is fairly easy to set up!!!!

twin 19:05 16 Jun 03

It does not cost that much. I have networked two
pc's one is downstairs the other in the bedroom.
cost £28. However with 3 computors your going to need a network HUB as well as RJ45 cable. and 3 Lan cards. cost about £60.

NICTRY 13:33 17 Jun 03

Twin, how did you do the 2 PCs for such a small amount? I can live without the third one for now so if it can be done so cheaply this would an option. Is this a wireless set up? I would prefer this as don't fancy wires trailing through the house!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…