Broadband and windows95

Magik ®© 11:51 07 May 05

hi, could broadband work with win95, the pc has got a usb port.......thanks

Yoda Knight 13:01 07 May 05

Yes

mattyc_92 15:51 07 May 05

I always thought that you need, at least, Win98 to use BB??

acfc 16:20 07 May 05

No reason broadband would not work with Windows95 however although your PC has a USB port only the last version of win95 provided USB support and this was limited. I expect you will have big problems obtaining drivers for a USB modem.

You could consider a PCI broadband modem or a router if you have a network connection.

dan11 16:32 07 May 05

yes, I thought it was windows 98 upwards, to. certainly wanado say that 98 is the minimum spec. click here

I think Magik ®© has popped in a windows 98 hard drive and is now connected.click here

woodchip 16:34 07 May 05

It would be easier to fit a Lan Card and then get a Lan Router Modem

Belatucadrus 16:58 07 May 05

click here W95 can be configured to support USB, but it's a pain in the posterior, and as many devices don't do USB W95 drivers they probably wouldn't work anyway. Agree with Woodchip get a NIC/lan card.

Magik ®© 16:59 07 May 05

hi, thanks all, I could not get it to run under win95 kept asking for files i did not know about. so i had an old win98 HDD, which if you see my other thread, has landed up in this old compaq PC, and it is up and running, slowly, but running...........thank you all for the input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…