broadband on win95 ??

Ikelos 13:31 24 Apr 06

hi, is it possible to run BB on a pc running win95, I ask because when the grandkids come over it is not long before they want to go onto messenger and chat with their mates, not that keen on letting mess with the all singing all dancing laptop. ;-), it could be the answer to my prayers..seeing as there is a compaq pc sitting there doing nothing.

thanks

johnnyrocker 13:33 24 Apr 06

i doubt it will work as no usb facility?

johnny

Ikelos 13:39 24 Apr 06

I might be in with a chance here, it does have a usb port, must have been one of the last win95 PC's made..

johnnyrocker 13:42 24 Apr 06

i doubt it as i think you will find most if not all isp's specify win 98se as minimum spec.

johnny.

ventanas 13:43 24 Apr 06

You may have problems with IE as well, being a long-outdated version. However it may well work through ethernet, but I doubt if Win95's very rudimentary USB support will hack it.

You could try Firefox or Netscape to get over the IE issue.

click here

Ikelos 13:54 24 Apr 06

I have fallen at the first fence, as was said, all the drivers need 98..oh well. I will see about making it win98.

thanks all

johnnyrocker 14:16 24 Apr 06

se

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…