Broadband : Which provider ?

The Gaf 13:54 09 Mar 03

I'm seriously considering Broadband, albeit for home use. Anyone out there know the best for cost,freebies and tech backup? In other words, who has the best deal ?

Andsome 14:06 09 Mar 03

NTL

timber 14:24 09 Mar 03

blueyonder broadband if you can get it in your area

uok 14:36 09 Mar 03

ADSLguide.org.uk

Find the latest and greatest broadband news in the UK, service provider information, views and comments from users . Looking for a new broadband ISP? Check out our ISP List and ISP Comparator. Want an answer to a question?

uok

anchor 14:38 09 Mar 03

For my money, Pipex.

Their current offer is very good. Connection, modem and 2 microfilters for £19.95, then £19.95/month, (plus VAT).

click here

I have been with Pipex now for almost a year, and am completelt satisfied. Pipex also won an award this year for the best home ADSL provider.

ShorN 14:45 09 Mar 03

I would choose Plusnet, thats whom im with now. It was a shaky start as my modem wouldnt install properly, this was resolved by a full system restore and then making it the first thing installed, but not many people have had this problem. I have since (4 months) been enjoying great speeds every time im on. I suggest checking them out at click here it really is quite a good service. It starts from 19.99 a month which is as cheap as you get!, i pay 22.99 a month but that allows me 250mb of webspace (uncommon). They have good forums, and a service status page where you can check anything like average waiting time to answer technical calls (which by the way is local rate, which is handy if you ever need to speak to them) it allows tells you of any testing etc they will be doing which might affect your connection speed. (although it very rarely does!) Its your choice but I think you shall like it!! and once u are on BB u'd never go back, trust me!!!
Also if u do join and mention me I get money of my monthly charge Yippee!!
seanandjilluk@hotmail.com

anchor 14:51 09 Mar 03

have a look at this thread:

click here

graham 15:04 09 Mar 03

First you're asking for advice and then giving it out. Very commendable

inapot69 16:30 09 Mar 03

ntl had no bother admittedly only 128 download but quicker and cheaper than aol

corc 16:37 09 Mar 03

I was connected on Monday to blueyonder. The guy who installed it was v. helpful and up to now I have had no problems. Connection speed is fantastic. Their tech support was v helpful. I also subscribe to their cable so connection and monthly charge is cheaper. Whoever you choose you'll never go back to 56K.

alben 19:43 09 Mar 03

They had some problems when i first signed up about 5 months ago but since then excellent

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced