Broadband versus "Business" dial-up accounts

Bamber-Gascoigne 22:16 08 Dec 03

My current dial-up ISP is threatening to terminate my home Internet account because of "excessive use" and has suggested I move to a business account. But this business account will cost the same as a broadband account with ISP's such as BT, BT Yahoo, Freeserve and Tiscali who are currently offering "free" broadband modems and conection.

The question is where's the hitch? Are these broadband providers any good? Alternatively do these companies offer a product which is inferior to other broadband companies who charge for modems / connection, or to a "business" dial-up account?

ahales42 22:34 08 Dec 03

check here click here to see if you can get BB. if you can,most isp`s give out free modems. though you normally have to sign up for a year.

Gaz 25 22:35 08 Dec 03

Broadband is supposed to have the same limitations as what you are facing now.

They cap the usage!!!

I use Supanet Broadband which is not bad, it is fast and a reliable connection. But support is naff. I have never had a problem, and I use it every day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…