BroadBand USb Connection

wulliec 15:43 23 Apr 05

Can any one help i have installed all the drivers for Usb broadband from telewest cd using win 98 se on the lap top and i cant get connected to the internet any ideas would appresiate a quick answer plz plz

Thanks in advance
Wullie

Totally-braindead 15:47 23 Apr 05

With mine at least you MUST install the software before you plug the modem in and you only plug the modem in when the PC tells you to do so, if you don't follow the instructions exactly it will not install properly. If you haven't done this then disconnect the modem, go to add/remove programs, delete the modem, reboot and install again.

wulliec 15:50 23 Apr 05

Will try it again removing all from controll panel and reinstall fingers crossed

cheers
wullie

Steve Mat 15:54 23 Apr 05

Is the modem USB 1.0 or 2.0? As you are running Win 98SE I guess your PC is 'not recent' and therefore will not support USB 2.0.

Also, Win98 is not totally compatable with USB

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…