broadband usage tool please?

Damarc 09:56 22 Aug 10

I've recently downgraded my Sky broadband as their usage tool indicated that I had never exceeded 2gb download since the usage tool was available. But guess what, the first month I downgraded, all of a sudden my usage seems to have gone up, still under 2gb but just about and I took special care not to go on BBC Iplayer or any videos that I had done in previous months. So I would like to check my real usage with a hopefully freebie tool. Which is the easiest? I don't need a continual monitor, just one that I can flick to to see how far I have got that month. You always come up tops for me and my queries so thanks in advance.

johndrew 10:00 22 Aug 10

I use NetMeter (free) and find it easy to set for my needs and very reliable.

johndrew 10:02 22 Aug 10

Make certain you tick 'Load on Windows startup' in 'Options' or you will need to start it manually each time.

jamesd1981 10:15 22 Aug 10

a good one is networx although none of these are totally accurate just a rough estimate

compumac 10:28 22 Aug 10

I have been using ThinkBroadbands TB meter which can advise as to individual PC's on your home network as well as the combined usage of your home network

robin_x 11:06 22 Aug 10

I thought Sky was proper Unlimited.

But anyway Networx is a good util.

click here

Damarc 09:56 23 Aug 10

Thank you for your responses. I've downloaded networx and am impressed. Sky does a freebie broadband up to 2gb download per month, that's what I've moved to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…