Broadband usage question

charlton200 09:22 24 Jun 06

Hi,
I have just had my first month of broadband usage with tiscali. This is my first time on broadband and my usage restrictions with them are unlimited.
With other broadband providers they have usage limits of say 1 gb or 2 gb etc.
On tiscali its got a usage page so you can see how much you have used. So, I look it up and I was hoping you could help me make sense of it.

My user usage for I month was called upload bytes sent 86.041 mb, and download 850.791 mb.

Could you tell me have I used , 1 or 2 gb or more so if I change service providers in the future I will know how to work thing out for myself.

Thanks from someone who clearly don't know his mb from his gb.
Cheers.

Graham ® 09:36 24 Jun 06

1000 MB = 1 GB.

spuds 10:33 24 Jun 06

I use Tiscali 'unlimited', you should find that you are well within the monthly limits set, unless you are into massive downloads and bandwidth hogging. In which case Tiscali will soon sent a 'possible disconnection' email to you.

If you have any concerns, then download and use this free small programme Tautology click here That will tell you your usage and other relevant information

johndrew 10:40 24 Jun 06

Please will you check your link, I coudn`t get it to work `Server Not Found` message. Thanks.

spuds 10:49 24 Jun 06

Whoops sorry, typo error click here

charlton200 11:28 24 Jun 06

Thanks, for the info. I will look into the download.

Do I have to add both the upload and the download together to get the months overall usage in gb.

Jackcoms 11:38 24 Jun 06

"Do I have to add both the upload and the download together to get the months overall usage in gb."

Yes

charlton200 11:50 24 Jun 06

Thank you

charlton200 15:31 24 Jun 06

I have downloaded the small programme Tautology bandwidth meter, from above.
I have got the choice of 3 in the list they are,
1/
Via Rhine 11 fast Ethernet adapter,
2/
Ms tcp loopback interface
3/
wan(ppp/slip)interface

Which one do I highlight to give me my monthly usage please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…