broadband usage monitors

yaesu 16:42 22 Feb 05

Hi, a recent convert to broadband I'd like to monitor my usage so I know when I'm approaching my 'allowance'. Is there a program which would provide this info please? Preferably free of course!
Tnx, yaesu

xania 16:53 22 Feb 05

If your ISP limits your usage, its only reasonable to expect them to provide you with this themselves. When I had a limited account with Claranet, a couple of years ago it must have been, I could log onto their website using my account name and password and instantly see a record of all my usage with running totals.

georgemac © 17:11 22 Feb 05

click here this is what I use - unfortunately all ISP's don't provide you with this. I'm with wanadoo and they don't - although I still don't think they are applying the limits yet.

yaesu 17:20 22 Feb 05

Xania, yes they should! BT says 'we will be providing this facility' presumably when they start enforcing limits.
georgemac, tnx I'll try this until BT decide what they're doing!
yaesu

961 17:40 22 Feb 05

If you type Down2Home into google you'll find a free programme that will do just what you want, giving daily and monthly totals

Chezdez 17:45 22 Feb 05

out of interest, is there a program that would work on a router, and let you know how much your downloading overall over a network?

i'd be quite interested in how much me and my mate get through!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…