Broadband Usage Limits ?

Tinkey Winkey 13:59 03 Oct 04

Have just signed up with Wanadoo BB and am awaiting the upgrade.

As I'm new to BB I've no idea if the 2GB limit will be enough so i thought I'd just try it and see !

What happens if I use up the monthly 2GB limit as I download alot of music and video ?

Does it mean I'll have no internet access at all and will have to wait untill the new monthly allowance begins ?

georgemac 14:11 03 Oct 04

click here
have a look at this thread

the limits have not been applied yet.

powerless 14:11 03 Oct 04

** You may use your Broadband connection freely up to these usage allowances. These usage allowances will not be applied until later in 2004. If you reach your monthly allowance after this date your service will be restricted until the end of the monthly period. You will also have the option to upgrade to a service with a larger usage allowance. **

click here

Graham ® 16:19 03 Oct 04

Surfing 4 hours a day

Email with attachments 15 a week

Email 100 a week

Downloading songs and short video 10 songs or clips a week

Listen to online radio 2 hours a week.

Total 1GB per month.

Souce Plusnet.

absent 18:04 03 Oct 04

Move to another ISP, 2gig will not go far. I am with plusnet £18.99 unlimited, even Tesco do unlimited for a similar price.

Noelg23 18:41 03 Oct 04

also click here do 512K at under £19 a month and 1meg at under £26 a month all uncapped...

georgemac 19:49 03 Oct 04

not easy to move - once you sign up you are committed to 12 months service :-(

Djohn 20:23 03 Oct 04

If you download a lot of music and video, you'll probably use your allowance in a week. It depends on what you restrict yourself to. Most people would find 2 GB sufficient but have a look at the properties of your video files and see how big they are, this will give you an idea.

I enquired with Vodafone on using their package on behalf of my son who has a laptop and travels quite a bit. They charge not by how long your online but for each Mb of data downloaded/uploaded from the phone. Vodafone customer service said to load the BBC page in my browser and check the properties, I did and it was 876Kb. They charge £2.60 per Mb. :o(

They do a monthly package that is cheaper but still very expensive.

Graham ® 100 emails per week is fine if your like me and receive no spam at all. If on the other hand you are like some members of the forum who receive that many each day, the allowance will soon be eaten up.

Graham ® 20:32 03 Oct 04

Hi, which raises another question. If I delete an email I don't recognise, without opening it, does that count?

georgemac 20:35 03 Oct 04

if you delete it on the wanadoo server I would not think that would count but not sure how they will work this?

I thought it would only be on stuff you download - so if you download it to your pc then delete it it will count

are uploads also included in the allowance or only downloads?

2neat 21:28 03 Oct 04

Wanadoo spam filter is very good. Spam stays on the server. U can check mail via browser b4 any download. I am thinking of changing to 1meg 6G wanadoo when my BT runs out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…