Broadband usage

gfergie 14:15 21 Aug 10

I am on BT Broadband option 1.
I had a warning email last month talling me that i was nearing my 10GB limit and now I have had another one this month.
My normal usage has jumped from 2-3 GB per month to over 11GB last month and now they warn me that I have already used over 7GB this month.
I know that this is incorrect but talking to BT is like talking to a brick wall.
I see on the forum that I should change my password.
Can anyone tell me how to do this.

birdface 14:26 21 Aug 10

Maybe one of the neighbors using your wireless connection.

Nontek 14:52 21 Aug 10
  gfergie 14:59 21 Aug 10

I am not on a buisiness hub

taffjones 15:14 21 Aug 10

Type click here in Internet Explorer. This will open up your BT Home Hub Manager. Go to 'Services' and type in your 'Admin Password' (this is on the back of the Home Hub). The first option is 'See or change your wirelss code'. Click on this and insert the 10 digit 'Wireless Key (WPA)' seen on the back of your BT Home Hub into the WPA-PSK Encryption Key.
You must also insert this 10 digit key into the desktop or laptop (Wi-Fi connection) so that they both talk to each other.

taffjones 15:17 21 Aug 10

gfergie
type click here in Internet Explorer. This will open up your BT Home Hub Manager. Go to 'Services' and type in your 'Admin Password' (this is on the back of the Home Hub). The first option is 'See or change your wirelss code'. Click on this and insert the 10 digit 'Wireless Key (WPA)' seen on the back of your BT Home Hub into the WPA-PSK Encryption Key.
You must also insert this 10 digit key into the desktop or laptop (Wi-Fi connection) so that they both talk to each other.

gfergie 15:52 21 Aug 10

I am using a D-link router

taffjones 16:12 21 Aug 10

gfergie
Try this - click here

gfergie 18:17 21 Aug 10

Thanks Taff
Have set a password so will see what happens in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…