Broadband Usage

Greengage 11:10 04 Apr 05

I use Hauppauge Win TV external TV card to which I have to attach an aerial lead from one of my home sockets. In using this TV feature on my PC, does this amount to what I believe is the expression "streaming" and therefore count as broadband usage within my limits from Ntl?
Also, if I am using two computers at the same time to access the internet in one shape or form, would I be correct in understanding that this counts "twice" ie each PC logs up its own usage which is then combined in stat terms for total monthly usage?

gudgulf 11:31 04 Apr 05

If you are using a tv card the you are in effect turning your pc into a tv....No internet involved or needed.The data feed is via your tv aerial just like a normal tv.

Streaming is where you watch or listen to a media feed sent via your internet connection.This IS part of your internet usage allowance but doesn't need a tv card or aerial connection as all the data is downloaded through your internet link.

Does that make help?

Greengage 11:40 04 Apr 05

Perfectly, gudgulf - many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…