Broadband upgrade ?

rdh660 16:07 28 Nov 05

Hi
I am using Virgin Broadband with a 512 kps speed. All works perfectly and I share my USB speetouch modem connection with a second PC. I do not download music or video and the 3gb limit is fine. I use the internet mainly for information purposes and emailing and I am very satisfied with the service from virgin.
However I see that for another £3.00 per month I can upgrade to 2mb speed. Am I likely to notice very much difference as everything seems to work pretty quickly just as it is on both PC's. Will the faster download speed mean that connection sharing between the two computers will be enhanced or should I just keep the extra £3.00 a month in my pocket for all the difference it will make given the type of usage I have detailed.
Thanks rdh

anskyber 16:15 28 Nov 05

Make sure your telephone line will give you 2mb, you could end up paying for something your BT line cannot give.

chub_tor 16:17 28 Nov 05

I upped from 512 to 2Mb with F2S a few months back and I am a similar downloader to you. I think the extra speed is worth it as it makes the downloading of Microsoft Updates, Graphics drivers etc. (most of which can be 20Mb or more)so much quicker.

rdh660 16:18 28 Nov 05

Thanks anskyber
A search on the virgin site reckons the line is up to it but I will also check with BT. Is it worth the extra ????

rdh660 16:31 28 Nov 05

Thanks for your help everybody.
After reading chub_tors comments I think it is worth giving it ago. I wasn't sure that with my limited usage the upgrade would be of any value but as pointed out even at 512 speed some downloads still take a little time. At any rate with virgin swapping from one package to another if one wishes seems relatively easy so there is nothing much to be lost.

Thanks again to you forum helpers.
regards
Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…