Broadband testing

oak chip 22:08 13 Apr 06

There is another link in the forum about this, but I thought I should start another one, as this has "broader" inplications - sorry, couldn't reist the pun!! I have a long-running dispute with BT about the realibility of the connection. This is about to go to OTELO (the ombudsman) - but I need data for the fight. Dan Elwell's test program has proved ureliable and keeps crashing with the message "Run-time error'13' Type mismatch" - attempting to contact Dan Elwell does not work as he does not reply to e-mails - despite taking your money! Any other programs out there that will work?? All help appreciated

VoG II 22:13 13 Apr 06
  Dipso 23:26 13 Apr 06

I mainly use the ADSL guide one but it is very busy currently due to the introduction of Max DSL.

These seem equally reliable.

click here

click here click on news europe server

woodchip 23:31 13 Apr 06

Got this from Vog's link on a Wireless 1Mb Laptop connection

Downstream 973 Kbps (121.6 KB/sec) 1050 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 245 Kbps (30.6 KB/sec) 264 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Stuartli 23:33 13 Apr 06

Speed tests galore..:-)

click here

johnnyrocker 23:33 13 Apr 06

i have a free dan elwell and it works faultlessly every time i suggest you rigourosly check pc spec first.

johnny.

woodchip 23:49 13 Apr 06

That's what I use

johnnyrocker 23:50 13 Apr 06

and also no probs i suspect?

johnny.

rdave13 00:07 14 Apr 06

I like this one click here

oak chip 07:19 16 Apr 06

Thanks for all your replies guys!! I now have running "PingPlotter" - I downloaded a free trial version. This is more technical than Dan Elwell's test, but runs continuously in the background for as long as you want. It also gives results over time (which is what I wanted. Once again thanks for replies!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5