Broadband switching off HELP PLEASE.

joostin 21:17 01 Mar 07

Hi Guys my orange Broadband is switching itself off after a few minutes all the time .I am trying to access disc clean up and that freezes at the desk top to 3 bars when calculating so there maybe something in the temp files causing it.
I have just ran a norton scan,launched spyware doctor and cleaned cookies but it still disconnects after around 10 mins??
Can you please advise me what to do please.
Also i use myspace and find that the temp files slow the pc and now i candt disc clean up at all there must be loads to shift can you help.
Is it the Phone line??
Can you help thanks
Just

funbubble 21:19 01 Mar 07

Read my broadband phone topic discussion.!

woodchip 21:21 01 Mar 07

You could try Control Panel\Internet Options click on clear files, cookies and history

skidzy 21:22 01 Mar 07

Try running ccleaner click here this will give the system a good cleanup.

Dipso 21:52 01 Mar 07

Could be a few issues here...a clogged up PC and flaky broadband connection.

What hardware do you have, a router or a modem? What model?

joostin 22:19 01 Mar 07

Thanks for help guys.Thanks skidzy that is a wicked tool but i panned myself when it started deleting things offf itunes but they are only the cookies arnt they??.
Dipso i have a speedtouch 330 modem have had a orange livebox but cant seem to install it.Is this modem still ok for upto8 meg?
Since having a muck out with the ccleaner bband has stayed on..what does that cleaner do exactly then and how often should i run it? what has happened to mine in Accessories it wont work i dont think (Sony Vaio is my pc by the way 3 years old May)
Just

skidzy 22:31 01 Mar 07

Basically ccleaner cleans up the temp files/cookies/history and much more etc.... it does what it says on the label :-))

joostin 22:39 01 Mar 07

Its a belter a lot more thoro than bog standard one on windows would you say tho

skidzy 22:52 01 Mar 07

I think you will find 90% or more here at PCA use ccleaner,who knows worldwide.Its a great little free tool and has helped many people look after there systems.

I run ccleaner after every session on a pc/laptop,some would say,thats a bit extreme...but i do keep on top of my machines.

Dipso 08:16 02 Mar 07

If the connection is working now you've cleaned the c, stick with the modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…