broadband speed..again

iqs 17:16 25 Apr 06

Hi All,

Yet another question regarding B/B speeds,sorry.My ISP is Bt Yahoo B/B,and I have just been upgraded to 3MB.When I connect to the internet a little box informs me that my connection speed is 4.2mbps.I know download speeds vary depending on the time of day.This morning,around 11:30am I downloaded 18.7mb in 1min 24sec.Download speed 229-230 kbps.Is this a resonable speed?.Cheers,IQS

Totally-braindead 17:24 25 Apr 06

Go to ADSL guide and run a speed test click here ignore the 4.3 Mbps its wrong, I'm with Tiscali and mine says 2.3 Mbps and always has even when I was on 256k.

Stuartli 17:32 25 Apr 06

The figure on the "little box" is normally the maximum speed of which your line is capable of handling.

My Tiscali connection box states 2.3Mbps and I'm on a 1MB service at the moment - it stated the same when I was on 2MB.

Totally-braindead 17:35 25 Apr 06

Stuartli thank you for that, I wondered why it displayed that, I had presummed it was something to do with the router but its nice to know the reason.

iscanut2 17:36 25 Apr 06

As per Stuartli. the info you see is the maximum speed that your ADSL line can support. It does not mean that it is the speed that your are running at.
click here and run the speed test.

iqs 12:26 26 Apr 06

Hello,and thanks for your replys.I have tried many times to access ADSL Guide,but each time I reguest a speed test the following message appears on the bottom right...load:class Speed Tester1 not found.Any ideas,cheers,Mike

Stuartli 13:43 26 Apr 06

Do you have Java installed?

Dipso 13:45 26 Apr 06

Try this link click here Youmay not have Java Virtual Machine installed. Therre is a link to downloadit on the same page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…