Broadband Speed Discrepancy

aich 14:19 24 Mar 08

Could someone please give me some advice. When I check the status of my Dynamode Router Internet connection it shows download speed of around 7000kps. When I do a speed check on my PC, both wired and wireless, I barely get 1000kbps speed. Does this point to a problem with my router, or am I misreading the router information? My ISP is Tiscali, 8MB and I am about 2.7 KM from my exchange. I have tried the router in the main incoming telephone point which only gives slight improvement to the speed readings.

PO79 14:27 24 Mar 08

Just to let you know you are not alone with this Tiscali problem. Like you I am on 8MB, and live just over 1Km from the exchange, I have just checked my speed with Tiscali and I am getting 329.9 kbps, less than dial up. It may be a result of Tiscalis' massive ad campaign resulting in an influx of new subcribers, coupled with the school holidays. I will be requesting a MAC and moving elsewhere after the bank holidays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…