Broadband speed

tonymcdonn 08:55 12 Nov 08

I am with TalkTalk ISP. I've noticed my broadband speed has slowed down so I have done some speed tests. I should be getting around 6mb but the speed tests are averaging out at Download speed 1629kbps Upload is 379. Is this about right or is it slow?

birdface 09:26 12 Nov 08

Thats less than 2 Mb so not getting the correct speed.

Salut 09:48 12 Nov 08

tonymcdonn, I think you can count yourself fortunate to get that speed!

Since a recent move, the best I can get is .5Mbs download and .38 Mbps upload.

We used to get a steady 4.5 Mbps download.

I have made numerous 'phone calls to Orange, sent three separate letters (together with details of the broadband speeds) and guess what-absolutely no response.

cocteau48 09:49 12 Nov 08

Register and log into the TT members forum:
click here
and post your stats there.
These forums are monitored by the TT technical staff,or your query will be flagged for their attention if one is not online at the time,and they are very helpful in sorting things out. They can adjust your d/l stats or your profile from within the forum if necessary.

birdface 10:01 12 Nov 08

Picked this up from another thread.Worth a try. click here

birdface 10:06 12 Nov 08

I should have added it is TCP Optimizer that you want.Set the slider to 6Mb or more.Then press optimal settings.Apply.Ok.See if that helps.

tonymcdonn 15:01 12 Nov 08

Thank you all will put it on TT forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…