Broadband Speed

Migwell 23:16 09 Dec 07

I have just done a BB speed test using Speedtest.net and for the second night running at 23:00 I have seen over 6.2mbs in fact tonight was 6.41mbs from my ISP which is Talktalk. Can any one tell me if they have heard anything about speeds reaching this height before, I know all about this thing of UP TO 8mbs but never thought I would get over about 3mbs. It has been quite steady for about the last month at about 5mbs and has started to climb again. I am well impressed, as I live 1.9 klm from the exchange as reported by BT.

FatboySlim71 23:23 09 Dec 07

The best speed tester to use is the BT speedtest, it is more accurate than the others.

click here

Spark6 23:37 09 Dec 07

Also on TalkTalk, tried your link, BT throws up error. I'll try again tomorrow.

Dipso 08:09 10 Dec 07

You can't use the BT Speedtester with Talk Talk or any other LLU conneciton for that matter, it only works with broadband using BT's equipment at the exchange.

Spark6 10:14 10 Dec 07

Thanks for that.

Migwell 13:10 10 Dec 07

Speedtest.net is the one that Talktalk recomend. I have also used ADSLGUIDE but it works out just about the same and I find Speedtest easier to use and keep a record of the readings, as you can see all your previous tests for comparison.

Jak_1 16:39 10 Dec 07

This is the one that Orange uses:

click here

cocteau48 17:23 10 Dec 07

In the absence of the BT Speedtester I have been advised by TalkTalk to use Thinkbroadband as per Jak_1's link above. It also will keep a record of all your tests.

woodchip 18:10 10 Dec 07

I use this on TalkTalk. I got 6966 Download this afternoon on my Desktop click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now