Broadband speed

TeamChris1981 21:51 01 Sep 07

I know this may seem like a repetetive question, but how can I improve my Broadband speed?
Ive been looking at some software on the internet for which so called makes your broadband a bit faster and optimizes the speed and stuff.
Any ideas?

Thank You
Chris

interzone55 22:03 01 Sep 07

What speed are you getting at the moment?

Dipso 22:05 01 Sep 07

What product are you on, a fixed 1 or 2 Meg service or up to 8 Meg?

What speed are you getting currently?

Depending on your answers it may be possible to increase your connection speed and therefore your download speeds or if you are on a fixed service it may just be a case of tweaking your settings.

woodchip 23:37 01 Sep 07
  rdave13 00:14 02 Sep 07

Hello woodchip. Superantispyware made a noise about CyberTweek. First time it's complained and stopped me trying your suggestion.I've the paid for version and runs an active scanner.

EARLR 14:34 02 Sep 07

bookmarked

woodchip 14:42 02 Sep 07

Well I have no problems with it

rohankm 14:06 18 Jan 08

hi
heres one cool way to get awesome 200 % more browsing speed by changing 3 settings of the browser....its working great for me..check out click here

jonattpm 08:37 05 Nov 09

there are lots of source avail to accelerate internet speed,just add this my own tips to accelerate internet speed little better.

1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc

2. Expand the Administrative Templates branch

3. Expand the Network tab

4. Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler

5. Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the enabled box

6. Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %

Once you have done this click apply and restart your PC. After rebooting you should see a noticeable improvement in your net speed(ref: google).just find your internet speed here [url]click here[/url]

anchor 08:48 05 Nov 09

Have a look at this; it has helped me & others. A little trial and error may be required.

click here

john bunyan 09:48 05 Nov 09

On XP , I could not find Network tab in Admin Templates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…