Broadband speed

paddy75 00:41 21 May 06

Just got a BT router and connected wirelesly but the two small screens that used to be down in the task bar are not there anymore,how can i tell what my speed is? before all i had to do was move my curser over the screens and instintly got the speed.Please excuse spelling Paddy

Devil Fish 01:23 21 May 06

this may help click here

mgmcc 07:48 21 May 06

In the Network Connections folder, right click the Wireless Network Connection, select Properties and tick the box for "Show icon in notification area when connected".

The "speed" indicated when you move the mouse over the icon is the speed that your wireless network is connecting at, not the speed of your internet connection.

paddy75 12:35 21 May 06

Thanks for your replies,i am on BT 2.2 broadband and am due to be upgraded next week to the 8mb service,after doing what you said MGMCC when i move the mouse over the icon it says connected at 400 mbps surely this can't be right. Paddy

mgmcc 13:40 21 May 06

<<< when i move the mouse over the icon it says connected at 400 mbps surely this can't be right. >>>

Not unless you ticked the box for the 1394 (Firewire) connection because that runs at 400Mbps

paddy75 14:31 21 May 06

mgmcc,i am only back in ,yes i did tick that box stupid me,i have now ticked the right box and am now getting the correct speed (2.2mbps).Thank's again mgmcc for your help Paddy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac