Broadband sharing?

simonsup 11:31 05 May 03

Hi just upgraded from Ntl`s 128 connection to 600
k connection using ntl`s cable usb modem.
Now i want to know if i can share my broadband with another pc?
One pc is running windos xp pro and the other is running windows me. the me one is also connected
to the net via ntl`s dial up sevice.
Is it possible that both pc`s can use just the
broadband connection so we can do away with dial up?
pc 1:
windows xp pro athlon xp1800cpu 512meg of ram.
pc 2:
windows Me Celeron 466cpu 256meg of ram
thanx

hugh-265156 11:39 05 May 03
  britto 12:14 05 May 03

I have much the same setup as you,just installed Linksys 4 port router (wired), full easy instructions provided.I did uninstall ntl usb modem then reinstalled as ethernet connection just in case of conflicts,if you want to go down this route have noticed Linksys wireless router now not much more cash than wired one.theres also direct connection via crossover cable computer to computer if your on a tight buget,plenty of advice on this site if you do a search.

howard60 12:24 05 May 03

I have ntl broadband and 2 pcs networked with a crossover cat 5 cable this works very well. Each pc has to have a network interface card in it - about £10 each make sure you get the 100MB/10 ones not the 10MB The main pc that connects to the ntl is using xp and I ran the network wizard which set up ics [internet connection sharing]. I then let it make the floppy disk which sets everything up on the 2nd. pc. It sometimes can be a pain to get going but once it is it works well

simonsup 16:34 05 May 03

Thanx for the speedy replys, huggyg71 link has everything i need to know.Ecellent :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…