BROADBAND SHARING

sillysoo 07:16 25 Mar 05

Hi, I know that you can share your broadband connection with other computers in the house, but how far away from the main computer can you make it work. e.g. I have broadband on my comp. at home but would like to share it on my laptop at a house a mile away, is this possible?...Thanks in advance

sat481 08:15 25 Mar 05

Most Broadband accounts are locked to the actual billing address so you can't use it in a different location. For Broadband sharing it is usually done via a home network and WiFi is limited to maximum of about 100m (probably less with obstacles in the way). So it is not really possible to share to a house 1 mile away.

Sat

sillysoo 08:51 25 Mar 05

Thanks Sat, but what if say you have a hugh garden and you want to take your laptop to the end of the garden?.....

Jackcoms 09:43 25 Mar 05

"you have a huge garden and you want to take your laptop to the end of the garden?"

I think sat481 has already answered that question hasn't he?

"WiFi is limited to maximum of about 100m".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…