Broadband Security help desperately needed please

stephb17 11:46 10 Dec 07

Hi,
After recentlysubscribing to Sky Broadband (after being on aol dial up previously), my sister installed the application onto our computer. However she thinks she did not remove all previous virus protectioon when installing the McAfee security software that came with the new broadband kit.
Since then everytime you load the pc you get a message saying "some spyware applications are running on your pc. click here to download antispyware protection" But when i checked the McAfee i have provided with this should have anti spyware on it. I have used the software to run a scan which has not found any spyware. My PC also seems very slow and it is taking almost 10 minutes to finish loading. Please could someone shed some light as i am a total novice really.
Thanks

^wave^ 11:50 10 Dec 07

what was your previous protection. to see if you have a prob down load spybot search and destroy and run that.

birdface 11:53 10 Dec 07

Sounds as though your computer may be infected.It looks like it may be a Rogue Spyware program that tries to get money of you for removing its own program.Can you find the Name of the program that it wants you to install.

stephb17 12:14 10 Dec 07

Previous protection was Norton Antivirus - thanks ill try that

stephb17 12:15 10 Dec 07

It wants you to install AntiSpyware Gold

birdface 12:20 10 Dec 07

Hi.I dont know if its this or not,click here

birdface 12:23 10 Dec 07

Or this bad one.click here

birdface 12:36 10 Dec 07

I can't find anything for anti-spyware gold.If she had Norton she will have to run the removal tool to delete it properly or it will cause problems with your computer.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…