Broadband router problems

longbelly 14:56 15 Jul 07

For the first seven months my BT Broadband was blistering good, but the last six months I have had connection problems. After a number of calls to the helpline, the line faults and other problems have been solved.

I still lose the connection on a regular basis and have to reboot. After much deliberation and a process of elimination, I suspect that my BT Voyager 210 router may have developed a fault. I am considering purchasing an identical 210 router and swapping them over. Is this just a straightforward swap or is it more complicated?

So far as I can tell there are no problems with my computer which runs with Windows XP SP2 and because there is no Ethernet, the router is connected via a USB lead.

LastChip 15:30 15 Jul 07

the first thing I would do is but an Ethernet card and pop it in the computer (assuming you have a spare slot).

Generally speaking, broadband is inherently more stable via Ethernet, than via USB and the cost these days is minimal.

Having said that, if you feel you should replace your router, the process is simply one of swapping the router and setting up your connection.

rawprawn 15:31 15 Jul 07

You should have no problem changing to any usb connected router you choose to buy.

Andy1991 15:31 15 Jul 07

Should e fine, I use BT and have a 210, and i swap them over with another one i still have regularly. But when i get connection problems i just turn it off at the back and then on again.

All u have to do is take the wires out the back of the router, then connect the nw one to the wires.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced