broadband router

denis93c 22:22 31 Jul 05

can any one give me simple advice hot to connect two pc`s with this router click here

the log?­® 22:35 31 Jul 05

that looks like a wirless router, in which case you will need a wirless network card in each pc.

Taff36 00:04 01 Aug 05

click here

Mark this one as resolved and follow the other one otherwise we`ve no chance! (PCA Site is still playing up a bit)

Taff36 00:05 01 Aug 05

Or a pair of USB Wireless adapters?

Rigga 11:59 01 Aug 05

You can connect the two PC's to the router either with Ethernet Cable or as stated above, wireless cards / wireless USB connectors.

But you will need to connect with a cable to configure the router for your ADSL connection. (A cable should have been supplied in the box!)

woodchip 13:39 01 Aug 05

You should connect one computer with a Ethernet wire or you cannot set it up

woodchip 13:41 01 Aug 05

If you get a new Router Modem, it should have the cables to connect one computer by Ethernet included with the router

denis93c 14:26 01 Aug 05

one pc has ethernet connection to ntl,it`s the other xp i want to connect as well

Taff36 14:43 01 Aug 05

If you`d answered the questions on the duplicate thread last night or this morning.......

You have NTL Cable then? So tell us which router model it is. Is it a wireless cable modem as opposed to an ADSL modem? Do you have any other equipment or cables?

denis93c 14:49 01 Aug 05

sorry got confused mate,here it is click here

Taff36 15:54 01 Aug 05

Had a quick look but on my way out. That looks like a simple wireless router that you would need to plug into your broadband modem using one of the 4 ethernet ports. Woodchip will confirm that.

With a wireless USB adapter or PCI (internal) card in the other PC you should be able to connect one to the other wirelessly and then via the modem to NTL Cable Broadband. It only needs configuring.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…