broadband question....help please???

JUSZO 20:01 27 Jan 04

I HAVE BT BROADBAND AND USE YAHOO AS MY HOMEPAGE...THIS MIGHT SOUND REALLY DAFT...HOW DO I SET UP OTHER EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR MY WIFE AND KIDS...WHEN I CLICK ON INTERNET EXPLORER IT AUTOMATICALLY GOES TO MY PERSONAL HOMEPAGE...WHAT I'D LIKE IS FOR IT TO GO TO THE BASIC YAHOO PAGE AND THEN GIVE US A CHOICE WHO WANTS TO LOG IN....SORRY IF ITS A BIT GARBLED BUT HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

matt1234 20:06 27 Jan 04

you could make a seperate user for them on windows or ask bt how

just out of interest have you tried aol broardband you can setup seperate user have parental controls and so on!

mgmcc 20:09 27 Jan 04

Navigate to the new page you want as your Home Page and, from the menus "Tools > Internet Options", in the General tab click the button to "Use Current" as the page to open when the browser is launched.

bremner 20:11 27 Jan 04

I assume you do not have Windows XP as that would make it very easy to acheive what you want.

For your info - posting in upper case is considered shouting and is therefore not used on forums as a matter of course.

thisisnighthawk 20:21 27 Jan 04

if it is emails for the rest of the family you want, open outlook express, go to "tools" "accounts" click "add" and follow the wizard... if that is not what you want, then i have lost the plot :-)

bremner 20:29 27 Jan 04

Having re read the post I think you are saying that when you go into IE your home page opens to your Yahoo.

This is acheived I think by a cookie holding your user name and password, (just like this site)

If so all you need to do is to delete all your cookies.

Then start IE, it will go to the Yahoo site but will require the user name and passwords to be entered.

Do so but DO NOT click on the 'Remember my ID on this computer'

JUSZO 22:36 27 Jan 04

Thanks everyone...much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…