Broadband Proxy, remote control

geeuk 11:13 07 Feb 03

Hi All

Does anybody know if you can proxy on or take remote control on a broadband connection. Either from a modem to broadband or broadband to broadband. I.E laplink, pc anywhere or win vnc. I support a lot of people remotly but more and more are getting broadband instead of dial up modems.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Marc

smcarlsen 11:38 07 Feb 03

I managed to connect to my sons pc over a broadband to broadband connection, I did this using the remote desktop feature on winxp pro from my win2k machine. I did try using vnc originally but i didn't have much success, I dont think I had it set up right. Pcanywhere is usually a reliable remote controll connection.
I imagine, as long as you have destination ip addresses, you can connect to any pc, whatever its connection. If they are behind firewalls, just make sure you have the relevant ports configured.

geeuk 12:05 07 Feb 03

Thanks smcarlsen I will try using pcanywhere using the ip addresses and let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…