broadband provider?

stuj77 13:13 29 Oct 04

I have recently got Pipex Xtreme Solo 500 bb, and after seeing it my brother now wants to get bb.

However being careful with money is what he is looking for. Having looked over quite a few providers the general pattern is that if you get modem etc and set up fee free, you genrally pay less a month but with a hefty set up fee or/and you have to pay for the equipment.

He is attracted by the cheap prices of the services with a limited bandwidth, however I have stated the advantages of having an unlimlited service such as mine.

Does anyone have any sugesstions for good bb suppliers with good rates and not too hefty up front fees. He is looking for a 512k connection the same as mine.

Noelg23 13:17 29 Oct 04

Central Point do a 512K service for £18.99, activation is only £29! no free modem so I would recommend buying your own, unlimited usage and on top of that no minimum 12 month contract, only 3 months then ongoing after here check it out and see what you think...

pj123 13:47 29 Oct 04
  stuj77 14:23 29 Oct 04

Would I be right in thinking that to set up the service he would need a usb bb modem and two micro filters. Suppose cost would be round 35 mark for the lot.

What is the best place to get these. Is dabs the best?

jbaker65 14:46 29 Oct 04

I use V21 @£16.99 a month for 512kb. Been with them for over a year and never had a moments trouble. No limits, No contract.

dagwoood 19:24 29 Oct 04

Further to pj123's link, this is another good site to compare broadband providers click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…