Broadband Price War

pj123 16:45 12 Apr 05

This according to my Paper this morning.

A price war over the cost of high-speed internet connection is likely to break out after one company slashed the cost of its broadband access.

UK Online has become the first internet service provider to drop its monthly charge to below £10. The company now charges £9.99 per month - down from £19.99.

Dylan Armbrust, editor of Computer Active magazine, said its rivals were now likely to follow suit.

It didn't say what speed you get for that, or whether there were any limits.

Ufortunately, My postcode and phone number comes up with:

Sorry! We cannot provide any broadband services to this postcode / phone number.

So, maybe not a price war after all?

Graham ® 16:53 12 Apr 05

512 uncapped, Peter: click here

pj123 17:02 12 Apr 05

Thanks Graham, but if I can't get it it's not a price war. My ISP knows I can't get UK Online in this area so why should they reduce their price to compete. The only people who may benefit from this are those who can get UK Online as well as the ISP they are with at the moment.

Stuartli 17:33 12 Apr 05

UKOnline has its own equipment in certain exchanges so can afford to cut prices but, and this is the snag, very few people so far can receive this particular offer.

But as sure as night follows day it will become available from other ISPs who have similar equipment installed over the coming months.

Technotiger 17:33 12 Apr 05

Hi,

click here

Cheers.

pj123 17:46 12 Apr 05

Stuartli, and Technotiger. Exactly, if it can't be offered to everyone now then it is a non-starter.

JayDay 18:16 12 Apr 05

Congratulations! broadband is available in your area.

But...... Unfortunately you are not currently in one of our enabled areas. We will deliver your services using BT's network. We are however unable to offer the same prices.

A p o l l o 19:09 12 Apr 05

I got the same message, so they will offer broadband at £19.99 via BT. Not worth changing.

Has anyone actually know where you need to live to get this offer?

A p o l l o

slimbo51 19:27 12 Apr 05

The South Kyber Pass in the lower reaches of Upper Mongolia, in the third quarter of the Moon (But only if it falls on a Saturday)

eedcam 19:41 12 Apr 05

Avalable North Somerset area next month I was told this evening.

lignum vitae 20:00 12 Apr 05

I use Metronet a fantastic company £10 for 512Kbps..............and you can get it anywhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017