Broadband with Plusnet

Done and dusted 09:34 18 May 05

I have had broadband for two years now with Plusnet and am stiill paying £24.99 a month. I have noticed that prices have dropped dramatically and now start at £14.99 a month with a 2mb limit on downloads. I have no idea how much I download each month. Is there any way I can find out and can anyone advise which Plusnet package I should buy?

Taff36 09:56 18 May 05

Speak to PlusNet! They are very helpful. As I understand it they are "rolling out" better packages for all their existing customers and some include free speed upgrades, others a reduced price for existing customers. My girlfriend has PlusNet and she was paying £20.?? for 1MB and 3Gb limit. This has just been reduced to £17.99 and she didn`t have to apply. I suspect it depends on the area you live in and the capabilities of the local exchange for speed. She lives in the sticks so even a 1Mb speed was a bonus in the first place.

Taff36 10:04 18 May 05

I suggest you go to the PlusNet home page and log into your account with your username and password. From there you can check which package you are on under account details. There are various links on the site to forums (Customer Feedback) is useful and I found this click here but I suspect this is not the package you are on since the old prices don`t show £24.99.

Post back with your package details and I`ll take a look for you.

hssutton 10:07 18 May 05

Log-on to plusnet, select "Connection Settings" >> "View My Usage". This will allow you to see the current months usage. You will also see a clickable icon to change your Package Deal. I am just coming ut to 12 months with plusnet and will no doubt change my package, so would be interested what you decide on and at what cost.

Taff36 10:09 18 May 05
  Taff36 10:15 18 May 05

My partner has been with PlusNet since November i.e.less than 12 months and the reduction in price was automatic. Follow my link above and I think you`ll find someone referring to "Raise a Ticket" with customer service.

hssutton 10:28 18 May 05

Thanks Taff will check it out.

Done and dusted 15:01 18 May 05

Thanks to all for suggestions. Have followed links etc. and found very useful. Will talk to Plusnet before making decision but will probably plump for Broadband Plus (was originally on Broadband EasyStart).

Completealias 15:11 18 May 05

click here for a useful free program that monitors your internet usage

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac