Broadband Phone Filter

Stoneywood 14:33 04 Oct 07

The broadband phone filter on one of my extensions has failed and I thought about replacing it with the filter from the actual broadband connection.(No phone connected to this socket.)
Would this work OK, or are they both needed?

Stuartli 15:51 04 Oct 07

The best way is to "suck it and see", especially as you have no phone connected.

But the BB feed should really be connected to the Master Socket.

Stoneywood 22:51 04 Oct 07

The incoming line seems to be split in the roof space, so there is no Master Socket.
Tried BB without a filter - Did not work.

Jak_1 00:56 05 Oct 07

You need a filter on all appliances! The cost of a new filter is fairly low so why not just get a new filter?
Broadband will not work without a filter as you have found out. Strange that you have no master socket!
I had BT setup my broadband line, they installed a master socket that is also the filter so my broadband line goes to that conection as do the main phone and the extention line with the aid of a twoway attatchment. They also kitted me out with a 30' quality extention lead for the broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…