Broadband Phone Filter

Newuser411 18:34 09 Oct 03

I am on broadband with BT. I am still getting a lot of interferences on the phone unless I switch off the computer completely.

Is there a filter better than the one provided by BT that I can buy and from where? Naturally I don't want to buy one that is similar to the one provided by BT. Or is there another way I can carry on a conversation with no or little interferences in the background without having to switch off the computer?

Many thanks.

Djohn 18:42 09 Oct 03

It seams as though you may not have the filter in the correct place, or a faulty one. have you plugged the filter into the main phone socket, then phone line into the phone connector and Broadband into the ADSL side of connector?

If you have, do you have any other phones /dial-up modem or Sky connected to any extensions? J.

S5W 18:49 09 Oct 03

Newuser411

Some types of burgler alarms which phone back to a control room can cause interference on broadband I believe. I don't know the technicalities of the problem. Just a thought.

I had exactly this problem a while back. BT finally tracked it down to a faulty connection in the telephone exchange.Suggest you start by getting your line tested by BT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…