broadband packages

crespo 03:01 05 Apr 06

Hi! This is Crespo calling. I'm on dial-up and want to change to broadband. I'm with Wanadoo, but i like the look of BT's package with the extra security. Can anyone recommend one or the other? Also, is it that difficult to change over ISPs. I've heard horror stories of not being able to get connected, problems with e-mail etc. BT use Yahoo as homepage and e-mail. I've got Google and Hotmail and want to keep both. Any advice on how to do this? As always, any help from anyone out there will be v.v. appreciated. Cheers! C.

Diodorus Siculus 07:19 05 Apr 06

Whatever ISP you go with will allow you to continue with both Google and Hotmail - they are webbased mail providers and so can be accessed from any ISP.

You will probably lose the use of your Wanadoo mail if you give up on Wanadoo as your ISP - that is something that you will have to bear in mind. However, you could keep a Wanadoo pay as you go and dial in every couple of weeks to keep it active.

The extra security on offer is not necessarily a factor to consider in my opinion - you can easily install free security packages yourself.

carper 10:31 05 Apr 06

I'm with Bulldoghome. Although you hear a lot of adverse critiscism about it I have been pleased with mine.Cheap (essential as a pensioner) and fast. The ISP was changed over on the day they said it would and I was off line for only about 3 hours. The phone line could be better but nothing is perfect. I think that the quality relates largely to the distance you are from the exchange. My download speed is a constant 7 to 7.2Mbs. Just an opinion.Hope it helps. regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5