Broadband or Norton problem re yahoo email

Dan 18:35 24 Jan 03

This is a problem once removed in that a friend of mine can't get into his yahoo email account and as his system is not only utterly different to mine but also in a different part of the country I thought I'd ask you bright people to help :)

He's just got a new (and his first home) pc and a broadband connection. The system came with Norton Utils installed and Norton antivirus and he has been able to access his email account before now on this machine. However his last time in Yahoo ended in somekind of a crash and since then he has been unable to access his email account. He can't use the restore point because it would mean going back before broadband was set up and he's afraid of messing things up further.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why he's not being allowed into the mail section of Yahoo's site? (He rather needs to get in their for work!)

Dan 21:10 24 Jan 03

his os is XPhome.

powerless 21:14 24 Jan 03

Direct link click here

Pop that XP disc in and type into the run command

SFC /SCANNOW

Click "ok"

Hope it solves it.

Also clear all the temp files > Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files...

Dan 21:32 24 Jan 03

Cheers powerless, I shall pass it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…