Broadband and Offline Web Pages

KAI 17:30 09 May 05

hi, me again, I've just installed Broadband onto my computer and I cannot get any Offline web pages, I have no problem connecting to the internet and can browes ok and send emails on my new account, i think i've set it up ok.
I've done all the usual but find if i open internet Explorer without connecting first i do not get a page, all i get is this page is uavailable offline, i dont get a message asking me to connect either. My Outlook express asks me to connect if i click on send and receive without connecting first.
Is this normal or do i have somthing set up wrong somwhere.
I run XP, Sagem 800 external modem, the latest up to date Outlook express and Internet Explorer, zone alarm, norton anti Virus 2003, Microsoft anti spyware
any help would be appreciated

Kai

KAI 16:46 15 May 05

Hi, I see that no one has come up with an answer, but I have found out why I had the problem, I went into Internet Options and to connections and saw that the tick was in the box never dial a connection, this was shown on the internet service providers web site help page so I configered it that way, I tried putting the tick in allways dial a connection and it put everything right.
I can now view my home page before I connect and when i click on go after typing a web address in i get the Connect box appear then i can connect.

this was not possible before,i thought I'd let you know incase sombody has a similar peroblem

Thanks anyway
Kai

bert52a 17:01 15 May 05

I'm not sure about this but be careful.When I signed up for aol broadband my dialup was still in operation even though it said Silver broadband on the screen.They told me this was impossible but then latertried to charge me for dialup even though I was paying for always connected broadband.
They refunded me in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…