Broadband not working - I needNetwork Optimisation

lindy 21:38 09 Dec 03

Hi

I have broadband and when I first set up the network, it worked fine [eventually] however I now find that I can't stay connected on my laptop. I think I've maybe changed the settings somewhere, but I don't know where.

I spoke to my ISp who said I should get Network Optimisation from BT but I've been on their website and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I keep getting page not available and I only stay connected for about 5 minutes at a time. I think it may be something to do with my firewall - but I don't know what.

Please help!!!

LeadingMNMs 22:14 09 Dec 03

try checking the properties on the connection. look under the options tab. there is a field that says idle time before disconnect, i would set this to never if using BB since there are no call charges.

what firewall are you running ?

lindy 10:46 12 Dec 03

I've checked under the connection and I don't have any idle time [input as never] I do have a firewall called Freedom which came with the Netgear wireless equipment I bought - I think it may have something to do with the firewall but I can't see what it is - any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chegs ® 13:35 12 Dec 03

click here

Have a look thru these,see if anything would do what you require.(although,if I run a NO app on my adsl/nic connections,it starts doing exactly as you describe,eg.disconnecting every few mins,stays off for upto 20 mins,then connects again)

lindy 14:15 12 Dec 03

Thanks for your response, you have said that I should look through these [these what!!]. I think there was maybe supposed to be a hyperlink or something attached to your response. Am I correct? What is a NO application?

Linda

Chegs ® 16:44 12 Dec 03

NO=Network Optimizer

click here <<<--Click Here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…