Broadband and Networking

beec crump 22:08 03 Aug 03

I have two computers and am planning on getting NTL's broadband connection (speed not sure yet). I would like to be able use the internet on both computers simultaneously and also with one online and the other switched off at the same time. How can I do this and how much will it cost me?

Also, what about with BT B-band: can I do this and use the phone at the same time?

Ben :-s

A15 23:30 03 Aug 03

Not sure about BT, but I have NTL broadband & use it on two machines independently. I achieve this through the use of a router. This would probably be your best & easiest option to choose. You will have to decide whether you want wireless or a normal wired router, I used wired as my two computers are not too far apart. Wired is much cheaper than a wireless setup but has obvious limitations.

hillybilly 23:35 03 Aug 03

A15's answer is exactly right and it also applies to BT, and yes you can use the phone at the same time on BT. I would expect yo to be able to that on all connections.

billyliv 00:28 04 Aug 03

Hi, I am on NTL 600K cable broadband and have 3 machines connected to a D Link router using straight through cat 5 cables. All that is said about wireless is fine, but don't forget, wireless means batteries, and batteries can let you down at the most inappropriate time. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…