Broadband network problem

Brian-171410 12:05 09 Jun 05

I had a working network Netgear 5 point hub and linksys wireless hub/router (used as hub only) that could access the internet using a desktop PC as network 'server' through its dial up connection. Then I installed broadband and can either have the network or the broadband but cannot get both!
BT Voyager 205 adsl router is connected to the hub by its ethernet and I have run XP network setup wizard on all machines to reconfigure the network to run as 'machine connects directly to net'. All machines do access internet but none will file share now nor do they show up on network map.
HAve I missed something simple here? Any ideas?

God Doesn't Play Dice 17:04 09 Jun 05

I hope this helps...

Go to your Network Connections folder and right click your LAN. Then choose properties. In a box underneath the tabs and the part that says 'connect using:'click the box next to microsoft printer and file sharing and tada you can now share files. But don't forget to put the files you want to share in your shared files folder or if not share the folder on the network

Brian-171410 19:55 09 Jun 05

Regret this has not resolved the problem - but thanks

Brian-171410 21:49 11 Jun 05

Norton Security Centre was the problem. Once turned off, both networking and Broadband work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…