Broadband via Network port

poogles_uk 20:16 16 Mar 04

Connecting to broadband using network port - is a modem needed? or cna you connect a network cable straight into a ASDL filter?

And is a firewire B port the type you connect to your DV cam? or is that a different cable? as on my a7n8x-d i ahve a large and smaller firewire port

Diodorus Siculus 20:25 16 Mar 04

The broadband modem will plug into either a network port or a USB port. You can't go directly from the telephone filter socket to the PC (unless you have an internal BB modem - unlikely).

poogles_uk 19:39 20 Mar 04

So you can choose where to connect the modem too? do all let you do this?

poogles_uk 20:05 20 Mar 04

What would i have to buy to connect a broadband modem to an ethernet port? As all broadband modems seem to be USB or PCI. As i have a A7N8X-D with 2 ethernet ports.

poogles_uk 20:16 20 Mar 04

Please help.

poogles_uk 20:24 20 Mar 04

What would i need to connect to a broadband connection via my Network/ethernet/lan port, as then i want to use a wireless network card to connect to another computer

Diodorus Siculus 22:10 20 Mar 04

Do you already have a BB modem? If not, then buy one that connects via a LAN port.

poogles_uk 17:19 23 Mar 04

I haven't got bb yet, im preparing for when its avaliable, all the ones i can find that connect via lan port are routers, would this be what i'd have to get?

poogles_uk 17:19 23 Mar 04

that is a router with a built in modem? or can someone point out a model to me that is jsut a modem with Lan?

poogles_uk 16:50 24 Mar 04

What is the Difference between 2.0m RJ45/Cat5 Patch lead and 2m Crossover Cable (RJ45) ?

And which modems have an Lan (rj45) connection?

poogles_uk 21:07 26 Mar 04

What is the Difference between 2.0m RJ45/Cat5 Patch lead and 2m Crossover Cable (RJ45)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…