Broadband by the Month

GrahamP 16:25 14 Jan 04

Can anyone recommend an ADSL Broadband provider that doesn't tie you to a year's contract?

It's for my new Spanish neighbour who is only here till March. Our exchange is ADSL enabled but cable isn't an option.

thanks.

byfordr 16:42 14 Jan 04

click here has a short 3 month contract not sure whether that is any good...(half price activation at the moment. Starting at £22.50 inc vat for 512 connection

bvw in bristol 16:51 14 Jan 04

I don't use them but worth a look. PAYG broadband.

click here

PUNKA 16:51 14 Jan 04

Freeserve by the month 1st month free no contract sounds good to me !!

GrahamP 17:58 14 Jan 04

Many thanks everyone, Metro and Fast24 might do the job. Metro especially looks interesting with it's £10/month minimum. Freeserve would be good for one month (free with no commitment) but any longer and they tie you to a 12 month contract.

Sir Radfordin 18:01 14 Jan 04

Zen (click here) do a one month contract and very good service.

IClaudio 18:10 14 Jan 04

...is a monthly contract at £23 per (inc. VAT). It's the only B/B provider I've been with, but I don't feel the need to move.

I've been offline only twice in the last year, for just a couple of hours in each case, and it's blindingly fast!

Yes, there are cheaper options, but look at ADSL Guide click here where you'll find comparisons, plus Forums devoted to people's whinges about all the providers - you won't find a lot of bad-mouthing of Pipex there. Plus, it's a very informative site about all things BroadBand, and they even have their own game-servers :))

There must be a good reason why some providers are charging less than half the competitor's fees...but I'm not tempted in the slightest.

cheers
Tony

jbaker65 18:17 14 Jan 04

V21 is £19.99 a month for 512kb and has been 100% reliable for me. no contract needed.

©®@$? 18:18 14 Jan 04

don't know how all these people have been so lucky with pipex i have had around 10 seperate situations where i have had no internet.. this is from 27th october 2003

also pipex will charge £57 if you decide to leave within the 12 months,so your freind will be looking at paying that charge.

GrahamP 17:09 15 Jan 04

I've passed all this on to my neighbour. It may be that with start fees, modem costs, minimum contracts and/or penalties she'll decide to stick with dial-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…