broadband modems

DMAN 21:09 20 May 05

Can anyone tell me if you can use a different broadband modem instead of the one that came with the package. Just that this wanadoo modem speedtouch seems crap.....can't connect with it and was thinking of trying another.

santikara 21:20 20 May 05

I use the Wanadoo broadband speedtouch modem, and so far it has been trouble free. I have been using it for nine months now and am happy with it.

woodchip 21:47 20 May 05

If it's a Speedtouch USB modem it should be problem free. But you have to load the software before you plug the Modem in. If you did not. pull the modem usb plug. remove the modem from add remove. You also need to remove it from Device Manager. then restart computer, load software then plug modem in

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:47 20 May 05

You can use what ever modem you like as long as you have the drivers for it.

Note down the connection details forwhen you unistall the speed touch.

Mine been ok for over a year.

Note there are new drivers available from the speedtouch website

Djohn 22:08 20 May 05

Speedtouch modems are fine, been using my 330 for eighteen months now without a problem, I think your problem may be something else if your having difficulty making a connection.

Can you please let the forum know what is happening exactly and maybe we can sort it for you, plenty of wanadoo [freeserve] members in the forum.

bretsky 23:12 20 May 05

As Djohn............DMAN, do you have the speedtouch modem icon in the system tray and if so, what colour are the squares,there should be 3 green and 1 maroon.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…