broadband modems

fitcher 14:15 17 Jan 04

I have just gone on broadband . and the modem provided (frog shape ) has no means of netting .(communication ports ). would I be able to buy another modem to replace it ..maybe a better quality one say ,, any advice would be welcome .. thanks

Chegs ® 14:44 17 Jan 04

"...has no means of netting"

Means nothing to me,what are you requiring the Alcatel Speedtouch to do?

yvette-289759 18:54 20 Jan 04

I currently have BT Highway which gives me 3 lines. I also have my family using 1 PC, a NotePad and a MAC within my home. But Broadband keeps luring me. Having checked a little, AOL seem to be the best deal (and I'm a member)...Is it a problem to acquire Broadband and get a separate (cheaper router) that would be compatible with AOL..(if there is one) or should I go with BT who charge an arm and a leg for their router...(or anyone else for that matter) anyone have any experiences or ideas?

Mollo 19:17 04 Aug 05

AOL - Dont do it!!! My daughter upgraded to Silver and hasn't had connection since despite a change of modem and many, many calls to the support line and BT. They will make a mint now that "Free" support is no more. You will be passed from pillar to post until the "techie" says sorry cant help its somebody else's fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…